Sunday, September 7, 2008

Showered with Love

Karen threw a baby shower for me yesterday at her home. We decide to keep it small, family only, and we had a great time celebrating the upcoming arrival of our fourth and final bundle of joy. I am extremely grateful to everyone who came and for all the lovely gifts (the group gift was a much needed double stroller that I lOVE and I'm sure will get a lot of use!). We also tied a quilt together that Coleman is sure to love and I'll think of all of you when I use it. Everyone was so thoughtful and it meant a lot to me that you all took time out of your busy Saturday to be with me! It was so fun to just visit and be together... I have the greatest family on earth!
"The Quilters": Karen,  Abby, mom, my Grandma Jackie Farnsworth, Kathy Luke, and Suzanne.
Abby learning how to tie a quilt with Grandma Higbee. Abby was so proud of herself. When I said this would be a great blanket to put on the floor and have Coleman play on she looked shocked and told me this was a "special quilt". I wonder if I'll ever get to use it!
Karen and I holding up the (almost) finished product.
"The non-quilters": Melody (my sis-in law), baby Sarah (my niece), Aubrey (my sister), Wendy (my bonus mom), Saundra (my sis-in-law) and my mom, Bevan.
 Aubrie and shy little Emma.

Unfortunately a lot of the pictures didn't turn out (my fault... I had my camera on a manual setting... people who took pictures for me should not feel bad) so a lot of you aren't in here! Sorry and thanks for coming Jolie, Katie, Alyssa and Cassidy! You all made my day. We really missed all of you "out-of-towners" and wish you could have been here... parties aren't the same without all of you! Thanks again, Karen (and everyone who helped her)! It was so nice of you to do this for me and I am soooo grateful. (Be sure to check back late Wednesday for pictures of baby Coleman!!)

No comments: