Saturday, November 21, 2009

What a WEEK!

I just thought I would update you all about Josh. He is doing amazingly well. He has decided that he really wants to get better for real. Josh went to the County Drug intake and filled out all the paperwork to get into the County Drug rehab unit but it will take about a month. I hope that he can last. He saw a Dr. that specializes in drug rehabilitation and got on a medication that helps a lot of recovering addicts. It's called Cyboxin. I know that he has tried similar things in the past so I hope that this is for real. He also is doing community service and going to the 12 step program. He got so much done this week that it's amazing that he can do that when he is sober. He even went to the Doctor with Renata to see about having Kylans extra thumb removed. It is happening on Tuesday November 24th. I haven't seen Josh like this in 4 years! I am still cautiously optimistic but really pretty encouraged by his progress. He is doing EVERYTHING he is supposed to do for the first time since his first hospital stay only this time he is really clear about things. Renata seems to be a little intimidated by his getting well. I think she might feel that if he is better maybe he won't love her. It is very frustrating to watch her act crazy. I wish that she would just give this a try and it is a real challenge for me to keep my patience with her and to try to help Josh to be kind to her. I see so many self destructive things in their relationship. I am concerned that it is Renata's Birthday and that she wants to go party with her friends. I hope that she will see how stupid that is but I just don't know if she will. I see how she can be sometimes but she has so much insecurity and baggage that I hope that she can overcome what she needs to. Kylan needs them both so much and I worry that they will never grow up and put him first. They are both such self centered people. I just keep praying and trying to love and support without enable them and it is a hard place to be. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but for today I am truly grateful to have my son back!

I love you all and am so grateful for you support.

Karen

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma Higbee said...

Karen, thank you for your continuous update on Josh and Renata. It has been a roller coaster ride for everyone. We love and honor you and your family. We love Brooke, Katie and Alec so very much as well as you and mike. We love and pray for Josh, Renata and Kylan as well