Sunday, December 14, 2008

It was an amazing night...

Dad was glowing... so was Mom. Many were there to show there love and support and you know Dad was thrilled to be surrounded by the people he loves the most. He gave two speeches and both were wonderful. There were also very nice things said about him by many others that were in attendance. It was a great and well deserved honor for Dad. He did so much to help UVU and it's athletics program get to where they are today. His vision and continued support have played a huge part in it's history and it's future. I know I speak for many of you when I say that I am proud to count myself among his posterity and was honored to be able to be with him last night as he accepted this award. My favorite part was at half-time: Dad was out on the court with many other Hall of Famers and they announced him last. I'm sure the crowd cheered louder for him than any others... it was an awesome moment! It was a night I'm sure we will never forget and something we will share with our kids and grandkids for years to come as we walk the halls of UVU and show them Dad/Grandpa's plaque hanging on the wall.

I made a slideshow because there were so many pictures I wanted to include (this is only about 1/3 of them). I also included parts of the program for those of you who weren't able to be there or who didn't save one. You really should take a moment to read his biography... it's really neat. You can click on the image to enlarge it so it is easier to read. Remember that to leave a comment you need to be at the blog (not in the email version) and click on the "comments" thing below this post... then just follow the directions. 




No comments: