Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I found the most amazing recipie. It's a great way to get your kids to eat their green vegetables!! I got it from my good friend Jana Harris. She is pretty much the Country Martha Stewart. You should give it a try. It's really to die for and it has vegetables in it!


Jana Harris Chocolate Zucchini Cake

1 3/4 Cup of sugar
1/2 Cup of Cocoa
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 Cup buttermilk
1/2 Cup butter (softened)
1/2 Cup oil (I use Canola oil)
1/2 Cup grated zucchini
2 1/2 Cups of flour

Combine butter, sugar, cocoa and eggs-blend well. Then add remaining ingredients. I usually add the zucchini last so it doesn't get tangled in my mixer.

Pour into a greased 9X13 in. pan (I use Pam). Sprinkle top with brown sugar (the recipie calls for 3/4 Cup but I never measure). Then add milk chocolate chips (again the recipie calls for 3/4 cup but you can never have too much of a good thing so I don't measure. I use 1 small bag of Giradelli milk chocolate chips) before baking.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min.

Enjoy! I know we have.

No comments: